240 pages.In the updated and revised edition of The Complete Restaurateur, Elizabeth Lawrence shows how restaurant ownership can be a possible, profitable dream-if you carefully plan for success.
Whether it's a chic bistro, a retro luncheonette, or an A-list restaurant, this is your indispensable guide to opening a business and staying in business. Fully stocked with in-depth profiles of successful and well-known restaurants, along with revealing anecdotes, this invaluable sourcebook tells you everything you need to know to turn your dream of restaurant ownership into a lucrative reality, including:
* How to match your restaurant to a profitable market
* Drawing up a realistic business plan
* How to generate high-profile publicity without spending a dime
* The importance of a well-designed kitchen
How to hire and keep a qualified professional staff
* Crucial checklists, shopping lists, guidelines, and helpful advice from successful restaurateurs
* Restaurant Web sites and a list of essential online resources --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.