473 pages. This exceptional new edition (released in July 2003) gives you step-by-step instruction to optimize the performance of your SAP system and ensure it operates as cost-effectively as possible. Learn quickly how to systematically identify and analyze performance problems, implement appropriate tuning measures, and evaluate their effectiveness.
Completely revised and expanded, the Third Edition has also been significantly improved with the addition of an all-new chapter focused on internet access with SAP Web Application Server (Business Server Pages and Java applications).
SAP Performance Optimization Guide covers both technical optimization as well as the monitoring of applications. Each potential performance pitfall is highlighted along with corresponding instructions and valuable tips, provided directly from support professionals at SAP. Also included are the most important answers and clear illustrations generated over many years via two remote services provided by SAP: EarlyWatch and GoingLive Check.
- Best practices for performance management
- Techniques for monitoring hardware, database and SAP BASIS
- Tips for central monitoring and workload analysis
- Performance analysis for ABAP programs
- Insights on workload distribution
- Expert advice on interfaces
- SAP GUI, BSPs and Java implementation
- How to configure memory areas
- SAP Table Buffering, Locks, Optimizing SQL Statements
- much more!