437 pagesFrom data modeling to optimizing data collection to maximizing reporting capabilities, this book delivers all the information that is integral to understanding and leveraging the full potential of SAP Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW). Vital concepts are clearly explained with the help of practical examples, sample solutions, and highly detailed graphics. You’ll quickly learn about the many capabilities of SAP BW as you "walk through" expert, step-by-step instruction designed to enable you to efficiently set up an SAP BW application with a user-specific data source, customized InfoCubes, data collection, and all of the necessary reporting components.
This book, which focuses on Releases 3.0 and 3.1, shows you how to avoid costly mistakes and save countless hours when you optimize key functions and essential processes.
- Detailed introduction to SAP BW: InfoObjects, InfoProvider, InfoCubes, Star Scheme, DataSources, InfoSources, Web Items, and a lot more
- SAP BW sample application: rules for transferal and extrapolation, InfoPackages, BEx Query, data collection, and Query-request
- Data modeling: Implementation of a column-oriented Infosource in an account-oriented InfoCube; Illustration of the SAP product hierarchy in data modeling, data collection, and reporting
- Functions of the Query Designers
- Functions of the SAP BW Web Application Designers
- Expandable SAP BW WebCockpit